JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Bilingual schools

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Bilingual schools

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:49 pm

The general information about education on this website says that "a number of Thai schools now include English language programmes whereby all classes are taught in English". Could anyone suggest where I can get details? I'm hoping to come to Thailand for a year from April 2006 with my wife and 12-year-old daughter, and we need an affordable alternative to the International Schools.

Ian (iwlbusiness@yahoo.co.uk)

iwlit

Re: Bilingual schools

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:46 am

Hi Ian:

Not too long ago the Ministry of Education in Thailand had a list of Bilingual schools in Thailand. However, looking around the MoE's site this morning for you, I could not locate the list.

Given this, what I would suggest you do is visit the following forum ajarnforum.net/phpbb/v...um.php?f=3 (which is basically a group of teachers in Thailand chatting about their day/week/month/year) and ask your question there.

Alternatively, if you let me know where in Thailand you'll be staying, I'll try and get a list of the Bilingual schools in that area for you.

Hope you had a great Xmas and Happy New Year.

SM Wink

Sumitr_Man

Re: Bilingual schools

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:12 pm

Hello Ian:
What kind of curriculum you are looking for? In Bangkok for American Curriculum, you can see more detail for International School of Bangkok (ISB) at www.isb.ac.th
UK National Curriculum, Bangkok Patana School (BPS): www.patana.ac.th
International Curriculum, New International School of Bangkok: email: admissions @ nist.ac.th
There are also French , German, Australian, Swiss Education Curriculum. Good question from Khun Sumitr about your location in Thailand. But don't worry, there are many international school in big city too such as Chiangmai, Phuket, Pattaya. Let me know if you need more info. or suggestion.
BTW, if you happen to come for orientation trip. you should look for the Guide book which is very useful for all newcomers in Thailand. The book called: "Bangkok Guide" by Australian-New Zealand Women's Group. in Asia Book Store.

khunsee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy