JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Import Permit for Pets

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Import Permit for Pets

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:19 pm

I am bringing my pet dog to live with me and I am sending him as cargo on the same aircraft as myself, as he is to large to travel as excess baggage with Thai Airways. I am not using a Pet Relocation service of any kind. But I am rather confused as I have been given conflicting advice regarding the Import Permit, I have been told that as long as his paper work is correct that I can apply for the Import Permit at my arrival airport in Thailand, but I have also been told that I need to apply prior to leaving the UK. I don't mind applying for the permit in the UK, but finding the process for this is also difficult to find out. I am going round in circles at the moment. Any information would be most welcome

gp6755

Re: Import Permit for Pets

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:59 am

Hello,

We brought our two dogs into Thailand on Thai airways from Bombay and as long as their documents/ vaccinations are in order you go to an office in the arrivals area complete a form pay about 1200baht probably 600baht per dog then our dogs arrived from the aircraft and that was it just went through customs as normal. Our dogs have travelled with us from Cyprus through Dubai to Bombay to Goa then returned back to Mumbai then to Bangkok always travelling on the same flight as ourselves.They have European Passports.

fantastic1

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy