JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Moving to Casa in Sept 07 - need guidance urgently

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Morocco.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next 

Moving to Casa in Sept 07 - need guidance urgently

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:34 am

Hello Morocco's Expats,

I am finally a member of this forum and can post a message. I am Ramona, a Indian resident and Romanian as nationality. I will be moving to Morocco, Casa in Sept - i am working in HR with a global software company.

Currently i am in my research period and although i know i will have local assistance when in Casa, i always ( based on my experience) take an expat word into account together with the opinion of the local - at least in India it worked.

I am looking for info of the type accomodation, best environment to live in, city life, expat life ( whether you meet or not, spend time together - here in Mumbai we are quite a big group of expats in the same company that interact frequently and spend a lot of time together, so got used to things like this). Also would like to know whether there are many expats there, where from - upon arrival i would desperately need to practice my French which is very rusty ( not speaking for 5 years) and would prefer to do it with people that are more permissive to mistakes than at work with my collegues.

I like writing and sharing - as you may see- and being around people. One thing that scares me a little bit is that i will be alone in Casa, as there won't be a huge group of expats in my company as here to connect to easily.

Looking forward to some connections from Casa!

Always exploring,
Ramona

Ramo

Re: Moving to Casa in Sept 07 - need guidance urgently

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:08 am

Hello ! It was interesting to see your message! I am from Casa. I lived in Canada fro 6 years! I am moving back to Morocco anytime between July and August... May be we can keep in touch while in casa..
It's funny how you are in HR too! I just got my HR diploma from Canada. So may be we can share some interesting experiences together!
Looking forward to speaking with you...

sanaas_2000
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:17 am

Hi guys,

I am also looking to move to Casa and i am currently looking for a position over there in order to make my move. I am currently working as a recruiter for one of the major staffing companies in the US.
If you guys have any suggestions of job openings or people i might be able to contact to find an opening, i would greatly appreciate it.

Please contact me at danallien @ aol.com

Thank you

Gouyad

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:55 am

Hey guys! It's funny how we are all in human resources... And since i am a new grad, may be u guys can help me land my first HR job after u get settled in Casa. We should all keep in touch and help each other. I am actually thinking of doing 2 jobs when i move there this summer. I am thinking of working in HR full time and teaching ESL part time.
So guys do let me know if u have any leads...

sanaas_2000
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:03 am

Gouyad when are u thinking of moving there? and are you Moroccan?

sanaas_2000
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:03 pm

I AM SHORTLY MOVING INTO CASABLANCA FROM INDIA. I HAVE TAKENUP AN ASSIGNMENT RELATED TO PLASTIC RECYCLING ..I DONT KNOW FRENCH ..I AM AFRIAD HOW I AM GOING TO MNAGE

visram

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:04 pm

I AM SHORTLY MOVING INTO CASABLANCA FROM INDIA. I HAVE TAKENUP AN ASSIGNMENT RELATED TO PLASTIC RECYCLING ..I DONT KNOW FRENCH ..I AM AFRIAD HOW I AM GOING TO MANAGE

visram

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy