JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Visa for USA advice

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in the United States.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Visa for USA advice

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi
My husband and I have been considering maybe buying a property in the USA. I am coming up for retirement age but do not wish to retire entirly. If I started some sort of a business such as English style tea rooms or let off property there, would I need some sort of redient visa or green card? Does anyone know a simple or easy solution. My son aged 34 years is wanting to help with this business as well. We would be self employed and not be working for a company etc. All advise gratefully received.

Siani

Re: Visa for USA advice

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:56 pm

Hiya,

I'm relatively sure that the easiest thing to do would be to immigrate to the States, wait for your Social Security number etc, and at that time you should be able to work, including start/run your own business.

The other option is to immigrate on a Work Permit, but I'm just guessing this would be more expensive and possibly take longer to obtain?

Still

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy