JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Hi all, I'm new here

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next 

Hi all, I'm new here

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:02 am

Spent several months in Thailand the past few years, and my partner and I are headed to Chiang Mai Sept. 15 for a 10-week "tryon". I hope it fits. If so, we're retiring there. (Early - he's 49 and I 35) The USA has become no fun. I'll be hitting you all up for tips over the next few weeks.

The Ring around the Rosie.

rrose70

Re: Hi all, I'm new here

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:02 am

I just read your message here and I'm amazed at your accomplishments......... Retired at 35 and 49!!! If it's not a personal secret, I would like to know what you have persued to make this happen? I am 21 years old, and I am always picking the brains of successful people so I can learn the "tricks of the rich"
R/S
Cpl Westmeier

T-BONE17

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:20 am

Oh- I should have said semi-retired. We do litigation support, which we can bring our work anywhere in the world as long as there is internet and Fedex access. Are you really in Iraq? Hats off to you.

The Ring around the Rosie.

rrose70

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:05 am

Even Semi retired is pretty cool. Let us know how the "tryon" goes. I am interested in heading to Chian Mai to spend a year or so learning Muay Thai kick boxing and the language. Curious how much it will cost. Not to mention coming back will be a killer. Hard to find a good job these days.

KELEN

kelen

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:40 am

Sawasdee ka:
I think you will enjoy Chieng Mai. It is very nice and has their northern culture & dialect which is quite difference than other part of Thailand, but very nice. Such a lucky person who can work anywhere in the world. However, there is some flood problem for the last 2 weeks there. It is over now. Enjoy being there!

khunsee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:06 pm

Hi Ring around the Rosie,T-Bone, Kelen and Khunsee!

On behalf of us all at Expat Focus, I'd like to welcome you to the site and our forums Smile

Thanks to you Khunsee for your info on Thailand, hope you will stay in touch...
T-Bone - stay safe and we hope to hear more from you...
Kelen - hope it works out for you, going to Chiang Mai and the kick-boxing etc. Keep in touch...
R/Rosie - enjoy Chiang Mai and the "try-on"! Stay in touch,too.

Kind regards,

Jo

Jo James
Expat Focus
Web: www.expatfocus.com
Blog: www.expatfocus.com/blog

jojames
Expat Focus Administrator

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:41 pm

Hi everyone, my girlfriend and myself are also retired at 34 (her) and 44(me). We're not rich by the way, we just made things easy. We're french and living in France is no fun either so we're moving to Koh Samui where we're planning to live a happy, easy, sunny... life 8).
We'll be there early november. So if you live in Koh Samui or know the island well, please help us and tell us all there is to know about it.

frawal

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy