JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVISE ON MOVING FROM THE U.K. TO THAILAND

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVISE ON MOVING FROM THE U.K. TO THAILAND

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi there,

I recently spent 7 months travelling 3 of them in Thailand, Bangkok, Hau Hin, Koh Samui, Chaing Mai. I loved it so much that i'm now wondering like many people about a move there. Does anyone have any advise about living life there full time. Visas, work, money, speaking Thai, property-buying/renting, life style, the change in culture, etc. I'm trying not to look at it through rose coloured glasses as i realise travelling and living some where are very different. But if anyone has been there and done it, or is thinking about it, any advise good or bad we be of much use. Many thanks and all the best.

ALL THE BEST LOOK FORWARD TO HEAR ANY ONES POINTS OF VIEW

JARMAN

Re: ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVISE ON MOVING FROM THE U.K. TO THAILA

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:50 pm

Living in LOS (Land of Smiles):

Chiang Mai is popular with expats as its slightly cooler & the cost of living is lower.

What do you propose to do for income? Unless you have a required skill, you not will be able to work in Thailand. (with the possible exception of starting your own business..... which will require capital input & the employment of several Thais).

You will need a visa...... many different types available depending on your circumstances.

I'm sure you will find the answer to all your questions and more here >>> just enter "thaivisa" into google & look for result no. 1. (unsure if its within the rules to provide a direct link here).

Lancashirelad
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy