JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Hello from a newbie who........

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Canada.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 

Re: Hello from a newbie who........

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:22 pm

Andy :

I would tell you this.......................

You have the right attitude, thinking ahead like that.

If I could only take you down a typical suburban street in the outskirts of Toronto...........Just about every home has a deck or patio area in the backyard. The use of that plastic wood here is really taking off. Many city parks departments are buying park benches made of it, and it is being used for boat docks at cottages, as it is not affected by wetness.

AS for the future........

The landscaping business, here in Canada, is not going to die out, for sure. As I said above, the techniques for installation are not going to be forgotten by you. A business degree ? Sure go for it, but it may not be really needed, as you all ready have practical skills that are enduring.

Jim B.

buntingj
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Thank you Jim,

You really are a great source of advice. Hopefully one day soon I can take you up on the offer on the tour of the Toronto suburbs.

By the way many congratulations on becoming a moderator. Good choice by the board owners.

Thanks

Andy

andychg
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:29 am

Andy "

Thanks, it is fun to be able to help people , to start a new life in my country. And it keeps me on my toes, brainwise.

Cheers Jim B.

buntingj
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Page 3 of 3
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy