Our monthly newsletter contains health and financial news, expat articles, social media recommendations and more.
Bringing a cat into Dubai/Sharjah/AbuDhabi
I've tried to find this information online, but I'm getting conflicting information from what seem to be commercial sites.
I'm hoping someone with experience or actual know-how can help me on this.
1. What is the paperwork that I need to get done to get her out of the airport without any quarantine?
2. If I get the RNATT blood test done, can I avoid quarantine completely?
3. How long is the quarantine for domesticated cats?
4. What is the "import permit" in Dubai and where do I turn to, to get this?
5. I have heard there is some letter of permission that I have to get from the UAE Ministry of Environment & Water, how do I go about getting this.
If it makes any difference:
1. My husband and I both have our residency permits stamped on our passports.
2. Our cat's vaccines and worm medication are uptodate and she has been microchipped
3. I am considering getting her RNATT blood test done, but only if it means she can avoid quarantine completely.
Any advice from your personal experience or that of your immediate family/friends will be extremely welcome.
Does it make a difference in procedures if we arrive at Dubai, Sharjah or Abu Dhabi?
- Regular Poster