JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Still stuck in England

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Still stuck in England

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:16 pm

Very Happy Sawadee ka,

Unfortunately I'm still stuck in England, as I'm sure you are all aware that conditions here are dire to say the least. To make matters worse, I'm now unemployed (one of the 2.4million) so it seems my dream of moving to Thailand is put on hold yet again! Do you ever get the feeling that somebody somewhere seems to have the upperhand and has decided that you're not going anywhere?

Anyway, all I know is I will get to Thailand eventually by hook or by crook, if I could raise say £5000 I would just book my flight and be off, but realistically I doubt that is going to happen, as obviously I need a home and job to go to - ok the home could be sorted when i get their, but naturally would need a job asap, from those that remember me from 2005, it seems teaching is going to be out of the question as I understand that a Degree is needed not just a TEFL Diploma, and that secretarial work is amongst the "excluded occupations" but perhaps once there I could attempt to seek this type of employment. When I do make the move to the Land of Smiles, my aim is to live in Pattaya, so if anyone needs an English speaking secretary (legal office or otherwise), please think of me.

moule

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy