JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

working for international co. in CR

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Costa Rica.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

working for international co. in CR

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:56 am

I would appreciate any help with moving to CR. I work for an international company that will allow me to work anywhere HS internet is available. I loved CR when there this year and have decided to try to set up there by September 2006. I am traveling to CR in February for 2 weeks to find a suitable location. Possibility of expansion of a branch office in the future. If anyone has done this in the past, please resond with suggestions. Thank you

geoffb

Re: working for international co. in CR

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:06 am

You will find more variety of office space and broadband in the Central Valley.

You can consider at Tamarindo, Flamingo or Jaco beaches. They have ISDN 128kbps speed, if that is enough for you. Other beaches don't have broadband that I am aware of.

ICE is implementing a WiMax service in the Central Valley during 2006, so that will free you up quite a bit.

The free zones and luxury office buildings could very well offer even better than normal access.

Ivo Henfling at Go Dutch realty www.godutchrealty.com has experience in commercial space if you will be hiring and need an office rather than working from your home.

Russ Martin
Proprietor www.wheelscr.com
Helping expats buy a vehicle since 2006 * Used or New *
All types, we take you through the process from start to finish, quickly and painlessly.

AE_Russ
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:15 pm

Thanks Russ, I don't think 128 will be enough so I guess I'll have to concentrate on the Central Valley to begin. I will start working at home until things are up and running then look for commercial space. In February I will retain the services of a reputable attorney and look for accomodations. Perhaps by September internet service will have expanded. I can hope. Any suggustions for real estate any safe and convienient areas would be appreciated.

geoffb

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:18 pm

Have a look at our listings database for prices and photos:
www.american-european..../index.php

A lot of the sports books and call centers operate on the east around San Pedro. The infrastructure is there and they hire students from the University of Costa Rica to work.

There are plenty of areas near downtown that are convenient and nice:
Los Yoses, Rohrmoser and even Barrio Amon.

The other choice is Santa Ana / Escazu. There are some major office buildings there and that is where the most expatriates live.

Russ Martin
Proprietor www.wheelscr.com
Helping expats buy a vehicle since 2006 * Used or New *
All types, we take you through the process from start to finish, quickly and painlessly.

AE_Russ
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:48 am

Hello
In the central valley you can get ADSL connections in most places.
Check pout our webpage for some more informationon relocating to Costa Rica.

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.
attorneykearney.com

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson
Attorney at Law/Real Estate Broker
KEARNEY LAWSON & Assoc.
www.attorneykearney.com
attorneykearney @ yahoo.com
Ph:(506)8841-0007 Ph/Fax:(506)2232-1014

AttorneyKearney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy