JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

¿Are investor groups possible?

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Costa Rica.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

¿Are investor groups possible?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:07 pm

A lot of people in this forum are thinking of investing (starting) some kind of business so they can live in CR or get citizenship. Is it possible to have several people - non-Costarricenses band together and jointly own (invest in) a CR business?

Would this change the number of Ticos required to sponsor (or be employed by) this group?

thinkingman

Re: ¿Are investor groups possible?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:52 pm

I saw this post earlier but I couldn't think of a good reply at the time. Too much holiday spirit maybe.

Anyway the best reply I can come up with is the same I tell my web marketing clients: anything is possible given enough time or money!

I don't see this as a practical idea though. I am not saying that Costa Rica Migración is on par with US or Australian Immigration, who rumor has it would check your bathroom to see if there are 2 toothbrushes (his and her) when considering a residency permit. But I don't see this "banding together" flying over there either.

The last I heard is that a minimum 3 jobs for the investment based business status. I don't see them approving a group of 10 expat residents investors for a business that will employ 3 people. Like "let's all band together and invest in a small gated community that we can live in and employee 1 gardener and 2 maid's"

On a related note, you wouldn't either want to invest in a business or start a business just in order to get residency. It's too much work and too much risk and the other vehicles (like time deposits) are specifically for that and a lot easier.

Russ Martin
Proprietor www.wheelscr.com
Helping expats buy a vehicle since 2006 * Used or New *
All types, we take you through the process from start to finish, quickly and painlessly.

AE_Russ
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: ¿Are investor groups possible?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:53 pm

Gathering a pool of investors is a good idea to make money in a larger business in Costa Rica, but for residency purposes it would be better to qualify as a rentista or pensionado with a $60,000 deposit in a bank for each person.
Investor status is still a more complicated and legnthy process.

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.
attorneykearney.com

Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson
Attorney at Law/Real Estate Broker
KEARNEY LAWSON & Assoc.
www.attorneykearney.com
attorneykearney @ yahoo.com
Ph:(506)8841-0007 Ph/Fax:(506)2232-1014

AttorneyKearney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy