JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

cars 10 years old or older

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Germany.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

cars 10 years old or older

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:53 pm

Hi all
There is some discussion on the Spanish forum about importing a car from germany because if they are over 10 years old the tax makes them prohibitive to keep in Germany
I would be interested in buying an old Bmw and bringing it to Spain,does anyone know of any garages or dealers in Germany that I could check online?
Hope you can help

Idyllic Cave in Huescar, Granada province available for holiday Rental, caveholiday.com for details photos and information

tallbob
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: cars 10 years old or older

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:51 am

This is a reply that won't answer your question.. ie for dealers.

The deal with older cars (old timers) is the taxes and insurance make them expensive to keep. One of my favorite cars is the BMW 2002 however in the many years I have lived here, I have hardly seen any.

Best I can do is suggest you search for and compare various prices... be wary, there are a lot of black sheep.

www.zweitehand.de is an idea (second hand newspaper)

Here are some key words you can use:
gebraucht = used
auto / fahrzeug = car

and the rest of the translation from dict.leo.org which is an excellent German / English ... English / German translation tool.

Good luck
Christopher Jones

www.clubvivanova.de offers networking opportunities for professionals who enjoy consuming fine wine and good food and want to learn more.

vivanova

Re: cars 10 years old or older

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:48 pm

You could also have a look at www.autoscout24.de or www.ebay.de (auto finden).
Most used cars you will find at autoscout although ebay has some old cars.
Good luck
gokm

Today it is certain that the millions cannot have high living and the few who profess to do the thinking for the masses run the risk, in a vain search after high living, of missing high thinking.

gokm

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy