JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Care for elderly woman

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Mexico.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Care for elderly woman

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:16 am

Am planning to move my 87 yr old mother and I to Mexico and am looking for info about in home care for her. Any ideas? And idea how much it would cost me for a live in who would need to bath her and "clean her"?

liberty9133

Re: Care for elderly woman

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 am

While I'm not exactly familiar with rates down there -- and I would think so much of it depends on what area -- I would bet you could get a live-in for very, very little money or an inexpensive day rate. Actually, a maid plus help with your mom could be the job description.

You might go to the American Embassy website for that area and ask them for information or suggestions -- or call them on the phone. You can also go to Google, put in the name of the city in Mexico you're moving to plus "elder care", "care for the elderly" and/or "Live in help".

Good luck! Keep searching and you will find your answers!

Gail

Paris1965

Re: Care for elderly woman

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:10 pm

I have attempted to use google w/o success. However, I will try the American Embassy. I tried the Mexican Embassy here w/ no luck
Thanks

liberty9133

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy