JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

any americans living full time in Phuket?

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

any americans living full time in Phuket?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Looking for married couples, who are also looking for other Americans to hang out with! We moved here 4 months ago o a retirement visa, we live in Kamala beach, In a conod! We're looking for friends to hand out with, dinners, drinks, swimming, as we have 4 pool'sl here and it's a quite and beautiful setting! You could be sigle also, but would prefer married couples, hoping we have something in common! I do mosaic art, my husband is retired from the long island railroad, we're in our mid 50's, We do drink, not heavy or to the point of being drunk, we like exploring our new home, and unfortunately I had to have emergency surgery in the last few weeks, they did an appendix removal, so I've been laid up and healing fast, stitches are out after 2 weeks, I spent 6 days in the hospital, from New yea rs eve, till the 7th of January! Nice holiday I had! If you feel you liked to meet someone new and down to earth give me a message! I knoe I haven't met a lot of Americans here , but I do know they exist, it's a long way from where we use to live, we're originally from Florida, and moved here because of the cold seasons we've been having, I can't take the cold, I have degenerative bone disease, and had surgery on my cervical spine, C-3 through C-7, I have a titanium plate in there to hold my neck in place! I also have arthritis in my bones, so me and the old don't get along! Here it's warm all year long and I love it! So if your interested in getting to meet us, I'm welcome the responce! Thank for listening! Jami And Frankie!!!

frankiebad
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: any americans living full time in Phuket?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Jami and Frank I AM PLANING OR THINKING ABOUT MOVING TO THAILAND I WAS RAISED IN FLA. LIVED IN BELIZE FOR A FEW YEARS,MOVED TO ISRAEL LIKE 6 MONTHS AGO,BUT TO MUCH STRESS HERE.WHERE WOULD YOU THINK WOULD BE A NICE PLACE THERE TO LIVE I AM KINDA LAID BACK DON'T REALLY LIKE BIG CITY.ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE,AND ABOUT WHAT IS THE COST FOR A NICE APTMENT TO RENT,ETC.

thefishman1

Re: any americans living full time in Phuket?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:47 pm

I'm sorry I never saw this post, and as you can see it's been awhile since I came here to visit ( this forum). If you would go to the 1st forum on this site, moving from the USA to Thailand, by liljammiibad, That is my original site, somehow I lost my login info, and started this one after moving to Thailand, you'll get a better idea of my travels, as I am going to start posting my experiences soon. To answer your question, I'm sure it's to late, but we lived in Kamala Bch, Phuket. It was so beautiful laid back, small, but well traveled by expats, cheap, good food, great markets, great beaches, everything you would want when moving to Thailand. A lot of english speaking Thai's, so getting by verbally wasn't to bad. What more can I say, I loved it!! As you may tell by my writing, I am back in the USA Sad I ended up getting very ill, and my husband thought it best to move us back) Which I wasn't to happy about. But I will never forget the beauty of the people and the Land Of Smiles!

frankiebad
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy