JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Best tree??? Best memories???

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Italy.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next 

Best tree??? Best memories???

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:23 pm

Hello All,

I've just started buying "Italy" magazine, for no other reason than that I love Italy and things Italian...I was wondering about the (Christmas and other) shopping in Milan. Did anyone see the stunning Swarovski Christmas tree in the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele for themselves??? What was it like close up?

What things do you love about Italy?? Let's pool our happy thoughts and memories...

I'm waiting to hear from you Wink

Jo

Jo James
Expat Focus
Web: www.expatfocus.com
Blog: www.expatfocus.com/blog

jojames
Expat Focus Administrator

Re: Best tree??? Best memories???

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:54 am

Sorry to say we never made it over for christmas, but we've been 'hooked' on Italy since our first visit to Milan 5 years ago.

We're also regular subscribers to Italy Mag ........ and Italia! and The Italian, in fact we pick up anything that has a picture vaguely resembling Italy on the front cover! Smile

We're in the final stages of our relocation, and <touch wood> should be there early March ....... only taken 18 months of planning!

Tony
www.livinginitaly.co.uk
www.property.livinginitaly.co.uk

livinginitaly

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:23 pm

Hi Tony,

A warm welcome to Expat Focus and our forums, thanks so much for replying to this thread, I was starting to think nobody was out there Crying or Very sad

I, too, love all things Italian...I even buy wine and cheese (once even some gloves!) if they have Florence/Firenze on the label Embarassed !
Sad but true, and they're nearly always very nice, too!

Best of luck with the move out there, I'm sure it will be great. If Swarovski have a tree in Milan this coming Christmas, you will see it, I'd put money on it!

Stay in touch, perhaps you can be our Italy expat experts, once you're settled? Wink

Jo

Jo James
Expat Focus

jojames

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:01 am

Stay in touch, perhaps you can be our Italy expat experts, once you're settled?

Don't know about 'experts' but we'll be more than happy to share our 'ups and downs' ..... hopefully people will learn from our mistakes!

We're actually relocating to a place near the designer factory shops, south of Florence. So you know who to call for your gloves in future Wink

Tony
www.livinginitaly.co.uk
www.property.livinginitaly.co.uk

livinginitaly

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:23 pm

Tony - you've made my day Laughing

Once our daughter is older, I would like us to spend our holidays in Italy...Florence is such a fantastic place, You're lucky indeed to be moving nearby. You can just "pop in" if you feel like taking another look at all those beautiful paintings and churches, marvellous!

Looking forward to your Italy tips, plus any other anecdotes you'd care to share with us. Thanks!

Jo

Jo James
Expat Focus

jojames

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:46 pm

Tony,

Just a quick follow up to Jo's last message to say good luck with the move and thanks for offering to share your experiences. I note that there are already one or two guides at your Living in Italy site which might well be useful to our own visitors (the guide to importing your vehicle, for example). If you'd like to see that kind of thing published here with a byline linking back to your own site we'd be delighted to add it to our existing content (and perhaps include something in the monthly newsletter). Feel free to drop me a line if interested, there's no substitute for information straight from the expatriate front line!

Kind regards,

Jamie

Expat Focus
Twitter: twitter.com/ExpatFocus
Facebook: www.facebook.com/expatfocus

Jamie

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:04 pm

Hello,

If you're interested, I've written up some of my own experiences of life in Italy here:

www.dedasys.com/padovachronicles/

It tends more towards observations than the practical, but people have told me they find it interesting...

Ciao,
Dave

www.dedasys.com

davidw

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy