JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Budget trip.

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Budget trip.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Right now I have a trip that is coming up to Thailand this august, but then I realized I have alot more cash then I thought I would. I really want to see the world, but have no idea what to expect in terms of how far my budget is going to get me. I have never been traveling long term in other countries by myself.

How long would a $20,000 budget get me through Thailand and some Asia countries? I would like to do things, and drink and be merry so generally speaking how much would I need per day to have a great trip? Some budget suggestions from people who have done this before would be great. How much did you bring and how long did you make it?

Ferrarijohn

Ferrarijohn

Re: Budget trip.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:50 am

Admittedly it was 10 years ago, but I travelled the world (10 countries) for 6 months on that amount.

Today it would keep me reasonably comfortably in Thailand for 6 months.
However, there are so many variables: Its possible to live very cheaply in Thailand if you rent a very basic, fan (no a/c) room, eat Thai food from the market or roadside stalls, drink local beer from the shop, and don't find a need for regular female company.

If on the other hand you want to stay in a lavish hotel, eat 3 western meals a day, go bar hopping every night & have a penchant for female company, you could probably spend it in 1 - 2 months.

Lancashirelad
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy