JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Car Sun Visor wear rates?

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Portugal.
Subforums: Property for Sale/Rent, 2nd Hand Items for Sale/Wanted

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next 

Car Sun Visor wear rates?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi,

As the sun is now lower in the sky I note this a.m. several cars driving down through our village directly into the sun. However none of the drivers were using the sun visor and were consequently not really able to see where they were going.

I didn't know that sun visors wore out!! Hmmm.

Regards

Robin

p.s. Mainly expats this a.m., but applies to locals as well!

-----------------------------------------------------------
The Air Of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.

MadHorseman
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Re: Car Sun Visor wear rates?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:05 pm

- MadHorseman

Hi,

As the sun is now lower in the sky I note this a.m. several cars driving down through our village directly into the sun. However none of the drivers were using the sun visor and were consequently not really able to see where they were going.

I didn't know that sun visors wore out!! Hmmm.

Regards

Robin

p.s. Mainly expats this a.m., but applies to locals as well!

I've noticed over a number of years that many cars sun visors are not deep enough to shade the eyes when the sun is really low in the sky, unless you are a tall person, which I am not.

bejaboz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Don't know about the wearing out of the sun visor in cars, but the indicators don't last long out here

We should remember the tremendous contribution of the Queen Mother to the war effort:. As the BBC pointed out, she 'bravely remained in London beside her husband' during the war
This contrasts sharply with the actions of my grandfather who, on the declaration of war immediately left his wife and children and pissed off, first to France, then North Africa, Italy, France (again) and finally Germany.. The shame will always be with us

golfer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:45 am

Neither of our cars are garaged and although my Land Rover has glass headlamp lenses my wife's Suzuki has plastic lenses. These degrade very rapidly in direct sunlight and have to be polished (the garage uses a mild abrasive and an electric drill with a polishing pad) before it's IPO.

Colin

Useless
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:19 pm

Dreadful state of affairs.

The mens toilets at intermarche are worn out too.

I parked my car in the car park the other day and a man walked out from intermarche, round my car and proceeded to pee up my wheel while I was sat in the car.

Lots of stuff gets worn out here. Shocked

Icklepickle
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:15 pm

Did you blow the horn??

Er, maybe that could be misconstrued....

Did you give an audible warning signal??

-----------------------------------------------------------
The Air Of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.

MadHorseman
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:53 pm

- Useless

Neither of our cars are garaged and although my Land Rover has glass headlamp lenses my wife's Suzuki has plastic lenses. These degrade very rapidly in direct sunlight and have to be polished (the garage uses a mild abrasive and an electric drill with a polishing pad) before it's IPO.

Colin

Bless

I was refering to the almost non use of the indicators by the local natives

We should remember the tremendous contribution of the Queen Mother to the war effort:. As the BBC pointed out, she 'bravely remained in London beside her husband' during the war
This contrasts sharply with the actions of my grandfather who, on the declaration of war immediately left his wife and children and pissed off, first to France, then North Africa, Italy, France (again) and finally Germany.. The shame will always be with us

golfer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy