JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Thai Lies - a memoir inspired novel

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Thai Lies - a memoir inspired novel

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:59 am

Hi, My name is TJ. I've lived in Bangkok since 1983. I came here back in 1974 after I secretly married my Thai sweet heart out of college but it took me 9 years of struggling to get accepted before I could come back. I'm a retired writer now. I just got my first book "Thai Lies" published on Amazon last week. Before that I was a gemstone dealer in Bangkok. My Thai wife runs a jewelry manufacturing company here now and leaves me alone to go diving down south when I'm not swearing at her to leave me alone in front of the computer. In the late 70's I was a Thai boxer here. I've imported cars from America. I know all about getting a driver's license.
I know all about Immigration and the tax department. I know all about work permits. I know all about getting married and what it takes to get your wife a green card. Well, some of that stuff might be dated now but most I think still applies. I don't have any friends. Everyone I ever knew was always on a 2 year interim visit. Now that my book is finished and I can finally come out of my cubbyhole I'd like to see who is around these days. I have two kids Estee and Kevin. She's working for her mom. He got married a couple of years ago and has been going to school in the states. I think he's done this August. Well, that's me. I hope I can get to know
some of you from here and get out of the house and away from these dogs. The only time I seem to be able to do that is when I walk down to Silom every day on a 2 hour walk. Hope you all had a good holiday even though mashed potatoes and turkey weren't on the menu. I'll check back in a day or so...

tjbr52

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy