JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Interview with Expat Author, Anne O'Connell

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Interview with Expat Author, Anne O'Connell

Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Expat Focus talks to Anne O'Connell about her latest book, "Mental Pause", the story of a middle-aged housewife and mother who is having a tough time with her ‘change of life’.

Anne, please tell us a little bit about yourself

I’m an expat Canadian, a Maritimer actually from Halifax, Nova Scotia, now living a quiet island life in Phuket, Thailand. I am what someone recently labeled a ‘multi-genre’ writer, which either means I enjoy variety or maybe haven’t decided what I want to be when I grow up! I do feature writing and blogging as well as copy writing for corporate communications, marketing and PR.

I am a social media consultant and have also written and published both fiction and non-fiction books.

You recently published 'Mental Pause' - briefly, what is the book about?

Mental Pause is my first novel, which I’m thrilled to share, just won an Independent Publisher (IPPY) Book Award in the Best Adult Fiction eBook category (bronze medal). It’s about Abbie, a middle-aged housewife and mother of teenage twin boys who is having a tough time with her ‘change of life’ and goes a little off the deep end. She seeks solace with her girlfriends (both divorcees) who are enjoying their freedom after recently separating from their respective husbands. After a wild night of partying, Abbie wakes up in a hotel room with the worse hangover of her life, doesn’t remember how she got there… and winds up on trial for murder. Her lawyer thinks perhaps she should plead temporary insanity but she maintains her innocence, even though the night in question is a blur...

Interview continues here.

Carole
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy