Our monthly newsletter contains health and financial news, expat articles, social media recommendations and more.
Canada Ball Hockey Korea 2013 Fall League
BALL HOCKEY MANIACS, LEND ME YOUR EARS...
Canada Ball Hockey Korea (CBHK) is once again recruiting a few good men and women for our 11th season of play, which will begin this September. Old and new players alike are welcome to start registering at www.cbhk.org now. The league is limited to the first 130 people to have registered and paid. If you register and complete your payment after the league fills up you will be put on a waiting list. Don't let this happen to you!
WHEN: The 2013 Fall League will open up with two MANDATORY rookie camps (for those who have NEVER played with us in the past) on Sunday, August 25th (1PM - 3PM) and on Saturday, August 31st (12PM - 2PM). Official league games and playoffs will begin on Sunday, September 1st, and continue through to Saturday, December 14th. Game times will either be from 10:00-12:00 (tentatively), 12:00 - 14:00, 14:00 - 16:00, 16:00 - 18:00 or 18:00 - 20:00 every Sunday, except for Saturday, November 30th for the bottom four teams in the standings and Saturday, December 14th, which will be the day of the Finals.
LOCATION OF THE RINK: Sports Complex, Seoul. (Central and very convenient to get too.).
DIRECTIONS TO THE RINK: A map with full directions to the rink are provided on the website.
LOCATION OF HOCKEY/OTHER SUPPLIES SHOPS: They can be found on our website.
CLOTHING NEEDED: Team Shirt (provided) and then whatever other exercise gear you feel comfortable in and running shoes. Nothing more. We RUN.
GEAR NEEDED: You will need at least a hockey stick. Other gear is up to you.
TEAMS, SPONSORS AND CAPTAINS: Names of teams, sponsors and captains vary from season to season. Please refer to our website.
REGISTRATION FACTS: (What You Get)
1. Eligibility for the Fall, 2013 Entry Draft which will take place on August 31st, 2013. Each player will be drafted on to one of 10 teams and be provided beer at the draft party.
2. Team Shirt.
3. Five months (up to 15 weeks of ball hockey INSANITY from September to December).
4. Weekly stats of all players (Goals, Assists, Points) and goalies (GAA, Wins, SO) displayed on our website.
5. Use of a communal stick when you first come out, full goalie equipment (if you are a goalie) and world class rink facilities (boards/ official size nets/faceoff circles located on the site of the 1988 Olympic Games).
6. Discounted prices from our league sponsors. Please refer to the website for updates on this year's sponsors.
7. Bragging rights, if you outperform your mates.
8. A forum to build solid relationships, friendships and networking via league members and our website.
9. Being part of one of the largest expat groups in all of Korea.
10. Being part of the largest Ball Hockey Organization in all of Asia.
11. The chance to win the CBHK CUP!!!
12. The League Banquet (Award Ceremony, Buffet, Beer and Hard Liquor) will be held on Saturday, December 14th following the Championship Games.
13. 150,000W worth of dead weight removed from your wallet and invested into something that will DRASTICALLY improve your quality of life in Korea, socially, emotionally and physically.
Register at the league's website - www.cbhk.org ASAP to reserve your spot for this season. All league payments must be received by August 31st (NO EXCEPTIONS). Payments can be made to:
Name: Robert Gibson
KEB Account #: 620-204950-746.
After transferring the money, please let him know so he can confirm receiving your payment. Text him at 010-9028-3469 or email him at robgibs @ gmail.com
League numbers are limited to the first 130 people to register and pay. For further information please refer to our website, email us at cbhk.info(at)gmail.com or call Rob Gibson at the above number.
Once that's done your world just got a whole lot better.
Don't miss out on this opportunity and be ready to play some ball hockey this fall. We guarantee that it will be one of the best things you will ever do during your stay in Korea.
Check out the publicity we have received locally and internationally, which includes player testimonials regarding the league and for additional information about us as well. This is who we are.
1. Hockey For Expats Goes Beyond The Ice
2. Big Rock Teams
3. Sticks Clash In Seoul Season Finale
4. Hockey Holds Preseason Draft
5. Ball Hockey Season Set to Commence
6. Hockey Season Starts Sunday
7. New Ball Hockey Season Starts
8. Hockey League Oasis in Korea Is Platform for All
9. Hockey League Hits Its Stride
10. Where Canadians Go, So To Does Hockey
11. Still Got Game - Age Doesn't Stop Player From Giving His All In Hockey by league member Jon Rabiroff
12. Canada Ball Hockey League Set To Start Fall Season
13. Ball hockey Cup Brings Korean, Hong Kong Expatriates Together
14. Canada hockey league gets ball rolling for spring season
15. Canadian Stories - Embassy of Canada Newsletter
16. Hockey Community Grows in Seoul
17. Ball Hockey In Korea Gears Up For Season 10
We have also been featured in the following publications:
1. Eloquence Magazine
2. Groove Magazine
3. 10 Magazine
4. KBS Radio
5. TBS Radio
VIDEOS: (Numerous clips of league members and play can be found on youtube.com)
1. Type " CBHK " into the search box.
AWESOME AWESOME POWER!!!!
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.