JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Any young people in pattaya AT ALL??

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Any young people in pattaya AT ALL??

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:47 pm

Hi there,

I've been in Pattaya for about 6 weeks now, and have noticed that in amongst all the retirees and tourists there seems to be a conspicuous lack of young farangs living here... Am I simply going to the wrong places, (however I've been all over the place looking... Pattaya Expats Club, Pattaya Sports Club, loads of bars (both of the reputabal variety, and the rather less so)) Is there anybody out there??

I'm here working as a motorcycle designer, having been based in India for the last 3 years, and I plan to be here for the forseeable future. Here's hoping that SOMEONE wants to come out to play!

Cheers,

Nick

nick_the_designer

Re: Any young people in pattaya AT ALL??

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:58 am

Interested in additional expat sites specializing in Thailand only.

aqueem

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:03 am

aqueem, www.ajarn.com is the website for teachers in Thailand but there's people on there who aren't teachers and they have a lot of great information about living in Thailand also.

Just be warned, quite a few of the (mostly men) on there are complete prats but some of the info they give is pretty sound.

I teach in Thailand - have been in Bangkok for almost 3 years and love it. My school is becoming annoying, but if I left there, I would still remain in Thailand indefinitely - it's a great place to live. I'm currently back in the US on vacation and it all seems a bit too sterile and boring for me here now Smile

raphaela28

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:31 am

I hear you Nick!!

I think the answer is maybe 2 or 3!!!

smack

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:16 pm

Well that's 2 or 3 more than I've seen!

Where are these mythical entities to be found?

nick_the_designer

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:04 pm

how young?
GO down the strip to marine plaza at 3:00 and its skinheads ville--they look young to me

Asia Expats Forum

asiaexpat

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi Nick, I holiday quite a bit in Jomtien as it happens. And i'm young (ish) at 30. Live normally in a villa at Viewpoint, Chaiyapruek which is cool. Some nice new ones being built up the other side of Sukhumwit road.

Maybe you around there someday as i'm considering a few months there as a sort of holiday base camp to see some of China, Japan too, possibly even Malaysia too.

As a keen biker (currently on a 996 Duke) i can honestly say the road traffic in Thailand is such that anything about a 'ped is asking for serious trouble. I see blokes going about on litre sportsbikes but there's nowhere i'd consider opening a bike up for fear of a) nutter drunk local on rwong side b) nutter sober local on wrong side, c) local randomly stopped or waiting in middle of road, d) random cow/dog/elephant in road or e) random massive pothole on apex with a bit of tree stuck in it to warn other road users!!! Very Happy

Nice harley shop on Thepprasit road ( i think) though Wink

What are you designing now mate?

Take is easy in paradise. Cool

Russell.

Gunner46

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy