±JOIN OUR FREE NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Life Down Under – 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Living In Australia
· The Top 5 Things American Expats Need To Know When Filing US Taxes Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update April 2018
· Expat Focus Financial Update March 2018
· Moving Abroad, Before And After Brexit
· Expat Focus Financial Update February 2018
· How To Navigate Brexit When Sending Money Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update January 2018
· Top Tips for Buying a Property Overseas in 2018
Bank and profeswsional reference letter question
Subforums: Property for Sale/Rent
In order to open a bank account there are bank and professional letter requirements.
Can these letters be sent by PDF and email or are originals required?
I am a Canadian currently working in Haiti and getting originals will be somewhat difficult but getting PDF will be easy.
Also for other documentation such as statements and income tax returns. Can these just be printed off PDF or will I need originals? ( I don’t have “originals” since everything I do financially is on line and electronic.)
Finally can anyone give recommendations for a specific bank and branch that speaks English, is expat friendly and where I would be able to open an account easily and quickly? I only want to be in Panama for one business day for this initial trip.
My eventual goal is a friendly nations visa and residency.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Bupa Global is one of the world’s largest international health insurers. We offer direct access to over 1.2m medical providers worldwide, and we settle directly with them so you don’t have to pay up front for your treatment. We provide access to leading specialists without the need to see your family doctor first and ensure that you have the same level of cover wherever you might be, home or away.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.