JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Car hire

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Portugal.
Subforums: Property for Sale/Rent, 2nd Hand Items for Sale/Wanted

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Car hire

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:08 pm

Hi my wife is going to the U.K. at the end of the year (Covid-19) clear of cause, she is thinking of hiring a car while she is over there but we don’t have a credit card does anyone of any Car hire companies that will take a debit card instead. Any info is helpful & appreciated thank you.

Haydnedwards
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Car hire

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:21 pm

Type into Google " uk hire car debit card for payment "

Can I Pay for my Car Hire with a Debit Card? Yes. Some rental car companies in the UK, including Enterprise, Budget, Alamo, Sixt, Thrifty and Europcar accept major debit cards. However, keep in mind that conditions may still apply.

www.sixt.co.uk › rental-services › car-hire-without-credit-card
All of our van rentals in the UK can be paid for with a UK debit card. Browse all vehicles. Debit Card Car Hire Payment Restrictions by Country ...

Can I hire a car with a debit card? | Enterprise Rent-A-Car
www.enterprise.co.uk › Home › Car Hire FAQs
Jun 20, 2018 - Uploaded by Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK
We accept all major debit cards except for Maestro, Electron, Solo and Pre-Paid cards. For 4x4s and Premium ...

Can You Use A Debit Card to Rent a Car? | Car Rental FAQ
www.autoeurope.com › Travel Tips › Debit Card Car Rental
While you can easily pay for your rental car through Auto Europe with a debit card, it is important to be sure that you won't need to present a credit card upon pick ...

Peter

Blog petersvaleboahouse.blogspot.com

Blog. iberianspices.blogspot.pt/

www.expatfocus.com/c/a...lder-gois/

peterfc
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Car hire

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:26 pm

Hi peter thanks for the information, will look at all the car hire companies that you mentioned

Haydnedwards
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy