JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Have experience relocating to SOUTHERN Thailand?

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Have experience relocating to SOUTHERN Thailand?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:40 pm

Surprised Hi new friends,
There's a lot of great advice about moving to Bangkok and Chiang Mai, but I'm moving to Krabi province, and wondering if anyone has specific advice. It's a tourist area, but nonetheless, many of the services one would easily come by in the cities, don't exist or are tough to find there.

I don't have one specific question at the moment, but if anyone who has experience wants to share some advice and/or experiences I'd love it.
Thanks! Mr. Green Peridot

peridot

Re: Have experience relocating to SOUTHERN Thailand?

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:07 pm

Hi peridot,

I currently live in Krabi province; i have for nearly 2 years.

So when you do get some specific questions, ask away! Smile

By the way, what services are you referring to?

Finding a place to live? - not so hard, but you do have to spend a few days (weeks) living in a guesthouse while you drive around and find places for rent because there really is no rental property real-estate offices. Guesthouses are very cheap right now as everyone is struggling to make money with the general absence of tourism.

Finding a job? - depends on what you are looking for: if you are a teacher, i had a friend come into town and was hired by 2 places in a week (but the wages are crap here compared to Bangkok, as are the general architechtual condition of the schools)

Visa runs? - loads of places offer these sorts of services and if you want to do it yourself there are many busses leaving Krabitown to Hat Yai all day, every day.

Ok, tired of typing, let me know what you need to know - it would be helpful to know what part of Krabi province you are planning to head to. A province is a pretty wide area.

RilINjUh!

rilly

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:30 pm

Hi I am also looking at moving to province, with my family (two kids) and just wondered what there is for children aged between 1 and 5? I have made enquiries regarding schools etc, but also want to be to take kids to make new friends and families.

nimjacole

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:04 pm

I am moving to Thailand in January nexy year. We have bought a house in Ko Lanta and need to decorate it ourselves. Where is the best place to find furniture etc. Do we need to go to bangkok or Phuket or are there places in Krabi which might do the job? I know it depends on what we are looking for but I have no idea how much things should cost there and I think Phuket is artifically expensive? Any help much appreciated.

Eeek

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy