JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Schools in Hua Hin

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Schools in Hua Hin

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:11 pm

Hi all

Firstly migth I say what a fantastic forum and excellent and very informative advice give.

My question is that we are looking to relocate, my husband and I are English but husband is fortunate enough to work in many different countries including Thailand.

We have decided to make Thailand our base however, I was just wondering about the schools for primary and second in the area of Hua Hin may also consider Northern areas (not sure yet), the school will have to be international and teach the English curriculum, just makes life easier for us when we go back to UK (if we do!). Can anyone out there help whom may have advice on any good schools they have experience on their travels.
Thanks
Razz

nimjacole

Re: Schools in Hua Hin

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:19 am

Hi nimjacole..I checked with my friend in Hua-hin. Found only one shcool so far. Somthawin International School which has Thai program and International program. You can contact person in charge of the school: Nattie at : nattie37 @ hotmail.com
I talked to Nattie, she said there are many westerner children in her school. you may contact directly to find more info.
Good luck!
Khunsee

khunsee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:46 pm

Thanks Khunsee for your reply I will contact your friend directly as really appreciated.

nimjacole

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:26 pm

Hi!
I've only just joined the forum or I'd have answered you before.

There are no international schools as such in HH at present. Somtawin claims to be one but what it is is a Thai-owned/run private school with an 'English Programme'. Now sadly, they have contracted recruitment to a local TEFL agency & so pretty much, if you take their TEFL course, you'll get a job, possibly at Somatawin. This has led to a high turnover of staff, which naturally affects teaching. Staff problems also led to the closure of the school's kindergarten section.

Friends with kids in the Thai programme like the place but most of my friends with kids in the EP only keep them there for lack of somewhere else! I have a son, almost 3, & so the education setup here does concern me.

There is a new kindergarten & primary school located on the outskirts of HH called Yamsa-ard, run by a Bangkok company with schools in Ladprao & Rangsit. I haven't checked it out yet (my kid's OK till he's 6 at his present place) but you can visit their website at www.yamsaard.ac.th/EN/index2.html.

There is also a Catholic high school, supposedly used by the town's elite, but my neighbour's kid goes there & he's disatisfied with the discipline. However, it does seem to have fairly good facilities.

HH is growing & so the situation may change, but if not, then my boy will be off to boarding school when he's old enough -- I've taught at government schools here & no way is he going to one of them!

Hua Hin, Thailand -- where Quality of life is not just an empty phrase! huahin.tk/

Troopie

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy