JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

WE GOT ENGLISH TV!!!!!!!!

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Spain.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

WE GOT ENGLISH TV!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:48 pm

WE GOT OV ON SPANISH TV YES!!!! Don't think I'm happy or something eh!

I guess everybody has Sky or something because I've been asking for a while about options for English TV and beyond spending alot of money to get Sky, and no one seem to know what to do. Well the wife discovered by accident that if you, on Telefonica, you press the yellow button it switches over to English. Oh I am soooo happy, no more badly dubbed Spanish programs.

timhortonsman
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: WE GOT ENGLISH TV!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:21 pm

Did no one suggest the sky digi box without paying for the monthly card im sure you will still bbc etc Fortunatly here in Portugal they do not dub programs from English to Portuguese. I have Portuguese Satalite but my plan next is to buy a freeview box from the UK and try that.

scotlander
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:43 pm

The problem was where we were planning on moving too didn't allow a 1,5mtr dish so we were stuck with Spanish TV. I had heard you could switch to OV but no one knew how.

timhortonsman
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:19 am

- timhortonsman

WE GOT OV ON SPANISH TV YES!!!! Don't think I'm happy or something eh!

I guess everybody has Sky or something because I've been asking for a while about options for English TV and beyond spending alot of money to get Sky, and no one seem to know what to do. Well the wife discovered by accident that if you, on Telefonica, you press the yellow button it switches over to English. Oh I am soooo happy, no more badly dubbed Spanish programs.

ever seen the film 'the mission' in spanish?
with robert de niro cast as a repentant spanish slave driver & jeremy irons as an enlightened jesuit priest tending to the spiritual needs of the guaraní indians in the 17th century.... far, far, far more convincing in spanish than hearing jeremy irons's oxbridge lisp & de niro's south of howston street growl. badly dubbed programmes? muy discutible, as they say here.

macmaghnusa
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:10 am

What is OV? (I am just full of questions tonight) LOL

Life is a roller coaster and I am loving the ride.

cajun_spice98
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:09 pm

OV or Original Version. If you see a film advertised as OV it means it will shown in English with sub titles. So OV option on TV means its broadcast in Spanish and English or what language it was filmed in.

This means you can have Spanish TV and on most channels set the language to English. For telefonica its usually channels like Hollywood etc rather than the Spanish national channels.

Speaking of such is there a TV license fee in Spain?

timhortonsman
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:37 pm

We have just sorted out our TV/internet/telephone all with ONO does anyone know if there is a magic button to switch to English? Not really missing the TV all that much but every now and then be nice to understand a programme all the way through!

kabab
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy