JOIN OUR FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

READ OUR GUIDE TO MOVING ABROAD
The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

COMPARE QUOTES AND SAVE MONEY
Insurance, FX and international movers

LISTEN TO THE EXPAT FOCUS PODCAST
The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

EXPERT FINANCIAL ADVICE & SERVICES
From our tax, investment and FX partners

Is there anybody on this forum? Who knows Chiang Mai?

Discussion forum for expats moving to or living in Thailand.

Reply to topicReply to topic
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Is there anybody on this forum? Who knows Chiang Mai?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:11 am

Anyone been staying at Hillside Plaza Condotel (Huaw Kaew RD)?

Any comments? Please, don´t tell me to google.

Shocked

curious one

Re: Is there anybody on this forum? Who knows Chiang Mai?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:44 am

Hi curious one:

go to www.ajarnforum.net/phpbb/portal.php and look up this guy

www.ajarnforum.net/php...669e898d37

Nickname: PeaceBlondie

One of the nicest guys you could possibly meet and lives just down the road from there. If it makes you feel any better, tell him I (Sumitr Man) sent you over to see him.

Best of luck
SM Wink

Sumitr_Man

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:57 am

I can look out one of my windows and see Hillside Plaza #4 and 5, across the superhighway. It bills itself as five-star. The new units on the top floors are selling for about 5 million baht for 77 square meters. Not sure about the nightly rates. You may PM me if you wish. I know one lucky guy who's been paying 4000 baht/month for many years for a studio/bedsit, but normally it's at least twice that, on up to 35,000/month for a huge suite. Right off of Huay Kaew, closer to Central Kad Kaew mall, my friend has a nice, new air/con studio for 4000, furnished, but he only has half the amenities you'd have at Hillside Plaza.

PeaceBlondie

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:44 am

Thanks for coming over PB and good to see you here.

SM Wink

Sumitr_Man

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:01 pm

Just bought a condo in Hillside 4. Was originally going to buy one in the new Hillside 5 but it got too complicated as a company based in Singapore is bidding to buy the whole new block.

From what I have seen to date, the communal areas are good and the management seems quite switched on. I understand there are plans to make the whole place wireless.

Prices start from just over THB 1 Million and the views are fantastic from the upper floors.

Mark

Markymark

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:24 am

Very Happy Hi.....Just joined....and actually this is a question for Markymark....

Ref your last statement about buying a condominium in Chiang mai.....what is the situation for British nationals buying a condo in Thailand. Can you buy several and use it as your business?...etc etc. What pitfalls have you come across?....What problems?.....What to look for?......Any help would be appreciated.......

What do you for visas?

We're presently staying just outside Chiang Mai and would like to spend a few years here, possibly longer.

Levi

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:42 pm

Levi

Look at www.thaivisa.com/buy_c...and.0.html

I know of farang who own several condos, but before you think about getting into the rental market you need to look at the work permit issue.

Use local Thai knowledge for location (does it flood, is it seen as a desirable area, who are the neighbours?) but remember farang views on privacy and noise.

Thais are not too hot on maintenance - some nice condos are ruined by the condition of the block.

At Hillside, I pay my electricity bill directly to the power company - beware of landlord mark-ups on utility bills.

Broadband and access to a pool is seen as a big plus.

A good walk round the communal areas is a must to look at security and cleanliness. Are staff smart and polite? Are the security guards sober and awake? Are corridors clean and junk free? Do your neighbour's front doors look like something out of a prison? if so why?

I like Hillside (recommended by girlfriend who has worked in CM real estate) and bought there as a town pad for when we are in CM. It is walking distance from Kat Suan Kaeo shopping centre. Nearby tuk tuk or taxi ranks are really handy when it is pouring down.

I enter on a 30 day visa and re-stamp at Mae Sae (when we visit g/f family in Chiang Rai).

Not exhaustive - but hopefully a few ideas

Markymark

Page 1 of 1

Copyright © 2019 Expat Focus. All Rights Reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use/Privacy Policy. Comments are property of their posters.
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy