Our monthly newsletter contains health and financial news, expat articles, social media recommendations and more.
Non Imm O Visa And Retirement Visa, Have I got it right?
Just want to check to see if I am correct with the following. I am 50 years old and my husband is 46. I would like to retire in Thailand and would like my husband with me. We are both British. He does not intend to work or open a business.
1. Both apply for12 month Multiple Non Immigration O visa from Consulate in UK
2 Travel to Thailand and hopefully nice Immigration Officer at airport will stamp visas for 12 months
3. Open Thai Bank Account and transfer money form UK
4. Do visa run before first 90 days have elapsed.
5. Have British Wedding certificate translated into Thai and verified by British Embassy in Bangkok
6. Once the funds have cleared I apply for O-A (retirement )visa
Regarding my husband which would be the best option wait for his 12 month Multiple Non Immigration O visa from Consulate in UK to expire or apply for another for12 month Multiple Non Immigration O visa (dependants visa) at the same time as I apply for mine?
Any information would be gratefully received. Any replies in plain English please as I am confused enough. Thanks