Our monthly newsletter contains health and financial news, expat articles, social media recommendations and more.
Dominican Republic - National Parks and MuseumsPage: 1/2
- Scientific Reserve of Laguna Rincon, also called Laguna de Cabral.
DISTRITO NACIONAL (Santo Domingo)
- Alcazar de Colon (Columbus' Palace)
- Casa de Tostado (16th century)- Museum of the Dominican Family in the 19th century)
- Casa del Cordon (16th century) - Cultural Center
- Casa Museo de Duarte (Museum, in what once was his house, of the national independence hero Juan Pablo Duarte)
- Faro a Colon (Columbus Lighthouse)
- Santa Barbara Fortress
- Modern Art Museum
- Museum of the Atarazanas (ancient shipyards)
- Museo de las Casas Reales (Museum of the Royal Houses) Military hardware from colonial times.
- Museum of Contemporary Drawing
- Museum of the Dominican Man - Native Indian rock art
- National Museum of History and Geography
- Numismatic Museum
- Ruins of St. Francis Abbey
- Prehispanic Art Room
- Emiro Julian Sanchez Museum
- National Aquarium
- Dr. Rafael M. Moscoso Botanical Garden
- Larimar (blue amber) Museum
- National Museum of Natural History
- Amber World Museum
- Los Tres Ojos National Park
- National Zoological Park
- Scientific Reserve of Laguna Redonda and Laguna Limon
- Parque Nacional Los Haitises
This guide was compiled with the help of Lindsay de Feliz, a British expat blogger living in the Dominican Republic. Visit her blog at yoursaucepans.blogspot.com.
Read more about this country