±JOIN OUR FREE NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Life Down Under – 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Living In Australia
· The Top 5 Things American Expats Need To Know When Filing US Taxes Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update April 2018
· Expat Focus Financial Update March 2018
· Moving Abroad, Before And After Brexit
· Expat Focus Financial Update February 2018
· How To Navigate Brexit When Sending Money Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update January 2018
· Top Tips for Buying a Property Overseas in 2018
Utilities (Electricity, Gas, Water)Back to top Back to main Skip to menu
Belgium - Utilities (Electricity, Gas, Water)
European 2-pin plug-type
In Belgium there is still a high level of public ownership of the public utilities, although there is a gradual move towards liberalization and public regulation rather than full ownership of the services.
The two main providers of electricity and gas are Electrabel and Sibelgaz. Water supply is provided by regional subsidiary partners.
In order to become connected to the utilities you are likely to have to show your passport or Belgian ID card.
Bills can be paid by a variety of methods, bank transfer or direct debit arrangements being the most commonly used.
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.