±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus Financial Update March 2018
· Moving Abroad, Before And After Brexit
· Expat Focus Financial Update February 2018
· How To Navigate Brexit When Sending Money Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update January 2018
· Top Tips for Buying a Property Overseas in 2018
· Expat Focus Financial Update December 2017
· World Events And Currency: Why Politics Affect An Exchange Rate
· Expat Focus Financial Update November 2017
Getting ThereBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Czech Republic - Getting There
There is regularly scheduled train service to the Czech Republic from all major European cities. It is advisable to reserve seats in advance, as some of the international trains are heavily booked, especially during the summer months. Most international trains arrive at Prague's main station, Praha Hlavni Nadrazi. Some international and domestic trains arrive and depart from Praha Holesovice. Other stations for domestic service are Praha Smichov and Praha Masarykovo Nadrazi. All of these stations are located on metro stops and are easy accessible.
Many major airlines including CSA (Czech Airlines) have service to Prague from a variety of international airports. CSA has regularly scheduled domestic service as well. For CSA flights information:
Persons who wish to drive their vehicles into the Czech Republic from other countries in Europe must provide the following:
- Valid passport
- Your national drivers license (required)
- International Driving Permit (recommended)
- Vehicle registration documents
- Green Card insurance cover
- Written proof of permission from the vehicle's owner (if borrowed)
- National identity sticker affixed to the rear of the vehicle
- First aid kit
- Two red warning triangles in case of breakdown
- Replacement bulbs for all lights
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
AXA - Global Healthcare
As the global healthcare specialists for AXA, the world’s number one insurance brand, we can help you get fast access to expert medical care, whenever and wherever you need it. All our plans include evacuation and repatriation, a second medical opinion service and extra support from a dedicated case manager if you’re diagnosed with cancer. You’ll also have 24/7 support from our caring multilingual team - we’ll always remember you’re a person, not a case number.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.