±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· How To Make The Most Of Your Retirement Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update September 2017
· 10 Things To Think About Before You Move Abroad In Your Middle Age
· Expat Focus Financial Update August 2017
· What Could Higher Interest Rates Mean For Your Overseas Property Purchase?
· Expat Focus Financial Update July 2017
· The Lifestyles And Cultures Of Great Expat Locations
· Understanding Exchange Rates for Your Overseas Property Purchase
· Interview With Duncan Khoury, Head of Marketing, World First Australia
BankingBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Czech Republic - Banking
In order to open a bank account you must provide:
- Passport or travel ID
- Copy of registration with Czech authorities, visa, or temporary residence permit
- Address and local contact telephone number
Banks are generally open between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Most banks are closed on weekends.
Foreign exchange offices are located throughout the major cities, especially in tourist areas. Most charge a 2% commission, but may have other hidden charges.
Note: Prague's 24-hour Chequepoints charge a 10% commission on cash withdrawals.
A complete list of banks in Prague can be found by visiting the website of the Czech National Bank: http://www.cnb.cz/en/bd_seznam04.php
Some popular banks:
Vaclavske Namesti 13, Prague 1
Tel: 800 124 100
Evropska 178, Prague 6
Tel: 233 061 111
Ceská Konsolidacní Agentura
Janovskeho 438/2, Prague 7
Tel: 220 141 111
Opletalova 4, Prague 1
Tel: 224 443 636
HNB Bank Czech Republic
Náměstí Republiky 3a, Prague 1
Tel: 221 119 615
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.