±JOIN OUR FREE NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Life Down Under – 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Living In Australia
· The Top 5 Things American Expats Need To Know When Filing US Taxes Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update April 2018
· Expat Focus Financial Update March 2018
· Moving Abroad, Before And After Brexit
· Expat Focus Financial Update February 2018
· How To Navigate Brexit When Sending Money Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update January 2018
· Top Tips for Buying a Property Overseas in 2018
Utilities (Gas, Water, Electricity)Back to top Back to main Skip to menu
Czech Republic - Utilities (Gas, Water, Electricity)
Register at the service office of the regional distributor for your district. You will pay an administrative fee and arrange an advance payment for electric usage. A technician will come to your residence and connect a meter.
- Completed electric energy consumption registration application
- Occupational lease (or proof of ownership)
- Owner's approval for service connection (if leased)
- Czech citizen guarantor (if status is other than permanent resident)
Each region has a separate gas company. You must register with the one that services your district. In order to register you will need to provide a copy of the lease agreement or proof of ownership.
The Czech government sets the price of household gas. Gas usage is paid for in advance each month. A summary of use statement is generally issued annually.
Water consumption is generally included in the lease agreement. If you are the new owner of a property you must register with the Water and Sewerage Company in your district to continue service.
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.