±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· How To Make The Most Of Your Retirement Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update September 2017
· 10 Things To Think About Before You Move Abroad In Your Middle Age
· Expat Focus Financial Update August 2017
· What Could Higher Interest Rates Mean For Your Overseas Property Purchase?
· Expat Focus Financial Update July 2017
· The Lifestyles And Cultures Of Great Expat Locations
· Understanding Exchange Rates for Your Overseas Property Purchase
· Interview With Duncan Khoury, Head of Marketing, World First Australia
Education and SchoolsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Delhi - Education and Schools
Some of the good schools like the G.D.Goenka International, The Heritage, Pathways, Rai International School and The British Council offer education on the pattern of GCE 'O' levels or IGCSE 'A' levels from CIE (Cambridge International Examinations). Pathways offer grades from International Baccalaureate and there are thirty more schools across India that offer programmes from IB. Most of these offer Boarding facilities.
Expats who wish to settle in Delhi may choose India for their studies because of affordable education costs and good standards of education. Delhi is also close to some very good schools on hill stations. There are good boarding schools on the hill stations of Nainital, Shimla, Mussoorie, and Dalhousie etc. that deliver education on the British level CISCE pattern. Most of the schools offer a range of co-curricular activities like games and sports, theatre, dance and music, gymnasium and cyber cafes.
However if someone wants to come to India on a study visa then the following formalities must be taken care of:
1. A letter confirming one's admission to a recognized institute must accompany the application form.
2. Evidence of financial arrangements for stay in India must be given.
3. A letter of Approval or NOC from the Ministry of Health, government of India is required for admission to medical or para-medical courses.
4. A letter of Approval or NOC from the Ministry of HRD is required for admission to graduate or post-graduate courses in engineering/ technical institutions in India.
5. The student visa is valid for the period of study in India.
Delhi has Delhi University (main campuses in North Delhi and South Delhi), Jamia Milia Islamia (in South Delhi) and GGS Indraprastha University (Old Delhi) as its major universities providing higher education. Courses are offered in Sciences, Engineering, Commerce and Arts streams at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research level. For excellence in technical courses, IIT Delhi at Hauz Khas is the best choice.
There are a number of private colleges in Delhi-NCR affiliated to these universities and others like the Rai Foundation, IMT, Fore School of Management, Amity that offer education in Management, Biotechnology, Fashion, Media and Engineering. Colleges in Noida are mostly affiliated to UP Technical University and in Gurgaon to Kurukshetra University and MDU, Rohtak.
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.