±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Moving Abroad, Before And After Brexit
· Expat Focus Financial Update February 2018
· How To Navigate Brexit When Sending Money Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update January 2018
· Top Tips for Buying a Property Overseas in 2018
· Expat Focus Financial Update December 2017
· World Events And Currency: Why Politics Affect An Exchange Rate
· Expat Focus Financial Update November 2017
· What Might Brexit Mean For Expat Finances?
National Parks and MuseumsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Dominican Republic - National Parks and MuseumsPage: 1/2
- Scientific Reserve of Laguna Rincon, also called Laguna de Cabral.
DISTRITO NACIONAL (Santo Domingo)
- Alcazar de Colon (Columbus' Palace)
- Casa de Tostado (16th century)- Museum of the Dominican Family in the 19th century)
- Casa del Cordon (16th century) - Cultural Center
- Casa Museo de Duarte (Museum, in what once was his house, of the national independence hero Juan Pablo Duarte)
- Faro a Colon (Columbus Lighthouse)
- Santa Barbara Fortress
- Modern Art Museum
- Museum of the Atarazanas (ancient shipyards)
- Museo de las Casas Reales (Museum of the Royal Houses) Military hardware from colonial times.
- Museum of Contemporary Drawing
- Museum of the Dominican Man - Native Indian rock art
- National Museum of History and Geography
- Numismatic Museum
- Ruins of St. Francis Abbey
- Prehispanic Art Room
- Emiro Julian Sanchez Museum
- National Aquarium
- Dr. Rafael M. Moscoso Botanical Garden
- Larimar (blue amber) Museum
- National Museum of Natural History
- Amber World Museum
- Los Tres Ojos National Park
- National Zoological Park
- Scientific Reserve of Laguna Redonda and Laguna Limon
- Parque Nacional Los Haitises
This guide was compiled with the help of Lindsay de Feliz, a British expat blogger living in the Dominican Republic. Visit her blog at yoursaucepans.blogspot.com.
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
AXA - Global Healthcare
As the global healthcare specialists for AXA, the world’s number one insurance brand, we can help you get fast access to expert medical care, whenever and wherever you need it. All our plans include evacuation and repatriation, a second medical opinion service and extra support from a dedicated case manager if you’re diagnosed with cancer. You’ll also have 24/7 support from our caring multilingual team - we’ll always remember you’re a person, not a case number.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.