±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· How To Make The Most Of Your Retirement Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update September 2017
· 10 Things To Think About Before You Move Abroad In Your Middle Age
· Expat Focus Financial Update August 2017
· What Could Higher Interest Rates Mean For Your Overseas Property Purchase?
· Expat Focus Financial Update July 2017
· The Lifestyles And Cultures Of Great Expat Locations
· Understanding Exchange Rates for Your Overseas Property Purchase
· Interview With Duncan Khoury, Head of Marketing, World First Australia
French Leaseback BasicsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
France - French Leaseback Basics
- Established investment scheme which has already been running for over 20 years in France
- Set up by the French government to increase the quantity of tourist and short term let properties available
- Developments available throughout France in popular tourist areas and towns
- France’s property market has shown long term stability and capital growth and this is predicted to continue due to a shortage of accommodation
- Locals are still purchasing in force
- Guaranteed rental income by lease contract of up to 5.5% (depending on the development) for 9 – 12 years
- Possibility to use the property in some developments
- VAT refunded back from the French government (19.6% VAT back approx 3-6 months after completion)
- Freehold properties
French Leaseback – How Do You Finance Your Purchase?
- French mortgages are linked to the Euribor and allow Foreign investors to obtain mortgage finance for their property in France at a lower rate than in the UK.
- Mortgage secured on property in France
These are just some of the mortgages recently available:
100 – 105% LTV up to 25 years. This mortgage works with a savings account that lasts for the duration of the loan. The VAT rebate must be invested into the savings account as well as the equivalent of 5% of the loan. The funds can be withdrawn from the account once the mortgage is paid off.
70 – 90% interest only mortgages up to 25 years
80% repayment mortgages up to 25 years which will allow you to either put the VAT back into the mortgage thus reducing monthly repayments, or, keep the VAT to use as you please
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.