±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus Financial Update November 2017
· What Might Brexit Mean For Expat Finances?
· Halloween Traditions in Countries Across the World
· Expat Focus Financial Update October 2017
· How To Make The Most Of Your Retirement Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update September 2017
· 10 Things To Think About Before You Move Abroad In Your Middle Age
· Expat Focus Financial Update August 2017
· What Could Higher Interest Rates Mean For Your Overseas Property Purchase?
French Mortgages for Leaseback PropertiesBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
France - French Mortgages for Leaseback Properties
French banks offer a range of mortgage products some of which are suitable to foreign investors and interest rates are often much lower than those in the UK.
However, the downside to French mortgages is that they can be slow and difficult to obtain - as a result you may wish to use a French broker who has good contacts with the lenders and can enable you to obtain a better deal (some people can experience delays of over four months when they go direct to the lender, where a good mortgage broker can often get a decision and offer in a few weeks.)
French lenders take into account different criteria when calculating if they will lend and advice should be sought regarding your borrowing power.
When purchasing with a French mortgage it is necessary to open a French bank account to deposit your rental income and for your mortgage repayments direct debit.
Because new build French property is paid for in staged payments, the lenders have adapted their mortgage offerings. This example shows how the mortgage would be drawn on a typical development payment schedule (assumed 70% Loan to value):
- 5% reservation deposit (comes from purchasers funds)
- 20% Upon signing the Acte Authentique (comes from purchasers funds)
- 10% When foundations are complete (5% from purchaser funds, 5% drawn from mortgage)
- 25% When 1st floor is complete (drawn from mortgage)
- 10% When the roof goes on (drawn from mortgage)
- 13.6% When the windows go in (drawn from mortgage)
- 6.4% When interior walls are complete (drawn from mortgage)
- 5% When building is complete (drawn from mortgage)
- 5% On delivery (drawn from mortgage)
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.