±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Moving Abroad, Before And After Brexit
· Expat Focus Financial Update February 2018
· How To Navigate Brexit When Sending Money Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update January 2018
· Top Tips for Buying a Property Overseas in 2018
· Expat Focus Financial Update December 2017
· World Events And Currency: Why Politics Affect An Exchange Rate
· Expat Focus Financial Update November 2017
· What Might Brexit Mean For Expat Finances?
Taking Your PetsBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Germany - Taking Your Pets
To qualify for the scheme, the pet must:
1. Be fitted with a microchip.
2. Be vaccinated against rabies.
3. Be blood tested to check the effectiveness of the Rabies vaccination.
4. Be issued with an Official Pet Passport (or a Pet Travel Scheme Certificate).
5. If returning to the UK, the pet must be treated first for ticks and tapeworm.
In Germany, a pet's owner is legally responsible for any injury or damage that the pet may cause, and it is advisable to obtain personal liability insurance to cover this.
Dogs are prohibited from entering grocery stores and other food shops. Dogs and cats are allowed on public transport, on payment of a small fee.
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.