±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Expat Focus Financial Update November 2017
· What Might Brexit Mean For Expat Finances?
· Halloween Traditions in Countries Across the World
· Expat Focus Financial Update October 2017
· How To Make The Most Of Your Retirement Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update September 2017
· 10 Things To Think About Before You Move Abroad In Your Middle Age
· Expat Focus Financial Update August 2017
· What Could Higher Interest Rates Mean For Your Overseas Property Purchase?
Utilities (Electricity, Gas, Water)Back to top Back to main Skip to menu
London - Utilities (Electricity, Gas, Water)
There are a number of energy companies that supply both gas and electricity. Some of the larger, more popular energy companies include:
British Gas (www.britishgas.co.uk), +44 (0)845 600 6113
EDF Energy (www.edfenergy.com), +44 (0)800 056 5927
Sainsbury's Energy (www.sainsburysenergy.com), +44 (0)800 051 1646
Southern Electric (www.southern-electric.co.uk), +44 (0)800 117 116
Companies that just provide electricity include:
Ecotricity (www.ecotricity.co.uk), +44 (0)845 555 7 100
Green Energy UK (www.greenenergy.uk.com), +44 (0)845 456 9550
London's tap water is perfectly safe to drink. Depending on the area of London in which you live, water is supplied by one of two main companies:
Thames Water (www.thameswater.co.uk)
Three Valleys Water (www.3valleys.co.uk)
A useful site for finding out which companies supply within a certain area and for comparing the services and prices of these companies is www.uswitch.com.
Each local council provides a rubbish and recycling collection service, either weekly or bi-weekly. Large items and appliances should be arranged to be collected by the local council; this service costs extra and can be arranged with the environmental department of the local council.
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners