±JOIN OUR FREE NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· Life Down Under – 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Living In Australia
· The Top 5 Things American Expats Need To Know When Filing US Taxes Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update April 2018
· Expat Focus Financial Update March 2018
· Moving Abroad, Before And After Brexit
· Expat Focus Financial Update February 2018
· How To Navigate Brexit When Sending Money Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update January 2018
· Top Tips for Buying a Property Overseas in 2018
Currency and Cost of LivingBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Poland - Currency and Cost of Living
Banknotes come in denominations of 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200 PLN, and coins in denominations of 1, 2 and 5 PLN and 1, 2, 10, 20 & 50 gr.
The cost of living is low in Poland, but incomes are also very low with average annual salaries only around 25% of those in other EU countries. The cost of living varies considerably between the cities and the rural areas, with Warsaw being by far the most expensive location.
1 litre of milk 2.6 PLN
Loaf of bread 2 PLN
1.5 litres of mineral water 1.5 PLN
1 kg applies 3 PLN
0.5 kg pasta 4 PLN
1 litre petrol 4 PLN
Small bottle of beer 2.80 PLN
Cafe meal 10-20 PLN
Restaurant meal 25-50 PLN
Monthly rental 100 sq m apartment 1500 PLN
It is normal practice to leave a 10% tip in restaurants, and to give porters and taxi drivers a small tip.
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.