±JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
±Compare Expat Providers
±Expat Focus Partners
±Latest Financial Articles
· How To Make The Most Of Your Retirement Abroad
· Expat Focus Financial Update September 2017
· 10 Things To Think About Before You Move Abroad In Your Middle Age
· Expat Focus Financial Update August 2017
· What Could Higher Interest Rates Mean For Your Overseas Property Purchase?
· Expat Focus Financial Update July 2017
· The Lifestyles And Cultures Of Great Expat Locations
· Understanding Exchange Rates for Your Overseas Property Purchase
· Interview With Duncan Khoury, Head of Marketing, World First Australia
TaxationBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
Romania - Taxation
- salary received from a foreign employer for services provided in Romania
- employment income
- income from a source in Romanian territory
Romania has no special tax regulations for expatriates. However, there are some basic guidelines to help an individual determine their tax:
- Where a foreign national resides in Romania for part of a year, he/she will only be considered subject to Romanian individual income tax for that portion of the year, paying according to a monthly tax bracket.
- The taxpayer will only be subject to Romanian individual income tax for income coming from Romanian sources.
- A husband and wife are required to submit separate monthly individual income tax declarations for their individual Romanian income.
- Anyone with a local employment contract must pay individual income tax and social security contributions.
- Benefits are taxable at their market value.
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.