Get useful expat articles, health and financial news, social media recommendations and more in your inbox each month - free!

We respect your privacy - we don't spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.

±Compare Expat Providers

Expat Health Insurance Quotes

Foreign Currency Exchange Quotes

International Moving Quotes

We're very social! Follow Expat Focus on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+

Expat Focus Facebook PageExpat Focus on TwitterExpat Focus Pinterest PageExpat Focus Google+ Page

Notify me when new content is added about a country

±Expat Focus Partners

Visas, Residency, Immigration & Documentation

Russia - Visas, Residency, Immigration & Documentation

Page: 1/4

Russian immigration regulations are subject to frequent changes, and it is reported that there are often inconsistencies in the application of immigration law. It is important to obtain up to date guidance from the Russian embassy or consulate in your home country when planning to visit Russia or to accept an offer of employment there.

Entry visas

All foreign nationals entering Russia require must hold an entry visa and a valid 10-year passport. In order to obtain an entry visa it is first necessary to secure a letter of invitation from the Ministry of Interior of the Russian Federation. This is issued on application to the Ministry by the company, individual or travel agency in Russia that is sponsoring your visit. Various on-line agencies can arrange this on behalf of short-term visitors. It normally takes 2-3 weeks for the consulate to issue a visa, and the current fee is US$100, with higher fees payable for faster processing. An exit visa is normally included with the entry visa. If you only require an entry visa you will be required to submit an HIV test certificate. Once in Russia, you are required by law to carry identification in the form of your passport and visa, or copies of them, at all times.

People who are visiting Russia for short-term business purposes, for example to attend meetings, should apply for a Business Visa, which can issued on a single entry, double entry (valid for three months) or multiple entry (valid for one year) basis.

People who are going to work for a Russian company or a foreign company based in Russia must obtain a work permit and a work visa.

Read more about this country

Expat Health Insurance Partners


Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world. We want to be the global leader in delivering world-class health solutions, making quality health care more accessible and empowering people to live healthier lives.

AXA - Global Healthcare

As the global healthcare specialists for AXA, the world’s number one insurance brand, we can help you get fast access to expert medical care, whenever and wherever you need it. All our plans include evacuation and repatriation, a second medical opinion service and extra support from a dedicated case manager if you’re diagnosed with cancer. You’ll also have 24/7 support from our caring multilingual team - we’ll always remember you’re a person, not a case number.

Bupa Global

At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.


Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.

Next Page (2/4) Next Page