±A - Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Our monthly newsletter contains health and financial news, expat articles, social media recommendations and more.
±A - Join Our Community
±A - Read Our Guide
±A - Compare Quotes and Save
±A - Listen to the Podcast
±A - Expert Financial
±A - ExpatFocus Partners
Property TypesBack to top Back to main Skip to menu
South Africa - Property Types
The following are typical property types in South Africa:
- City Apartments (flats): In the larger and more developed cities throughout South Africa, it is common to live in a city apartment. You could live in a low rise, but chances are you will find yourself in one of the larger high rise buildings in the downtown area of a city.
- Vilas: Villas are another property option for those who want to live in the suburbs. Many contain fully landscaped gardens.
- Family Homes: Family homes are smaller than villas and more practical. Family homes may be one or two stories, but the ranch style (one floor) is more common.
- Security Villages: Those who wish to live in a traditional gated community will benefit from security villages. These are often several streets long and contain numerous homes within them. However, there is security surrounding them which makes these homes a bit more expensive.
- Townhomes: The townhome in South Africa is usually two or three stories tall. These homes are sandwiched close to each other, sometimes sharing the same building, although there are separate living quarters for two or more families.
Read more about this country
Expat Health Insurance Partners
At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.