Japan is a country that values its pets, and the standard of veterinary care reflects this. This article will explore the standard of veterinary care in Japan, the national veterinary association, and how to find English speaking vets or availability of vets.
Standard of Veterinary Care in Japan
Japan has a highly advanced veterinary system with high standards of care. The government of Japan oversees the veterinary industry to ensure that animal health is taken seriously, and the safety and quality of animal products are maintained. The Japanese government has set up guidelines for the ethical treatment of animals and requires all veterinarians to follow them.
Many veterinary clinics in Japan provide high-quality medical care for animals. The clinics are usually clean and well-equipped, and the veterinarians are highly trained. Japanese veterinary schools provide excellent education and training, and veterinarians must pass a national exam to become licensed.
There are also many specialty clinics in Japan that provide advanced medical care for animals. These clinics offer specialized services such as surgery, internal medicine, and oncology.
National Veterinary Association in Japan
The Japanese Veterinary Medical Association (JVMA) is the national veterinary association in Japan. The JVMA is a professional organization that represents veterinarians in Japan. The association was established in 1893 and has been promoting animal welfare and public health ever since.
The JVMA provides a range of services for veterinarians in Japan, including continuing education and professional development opportunities. The association also works closely with the government to ensure that animal welfare and public health are protected.
Contact details for the JVMA:
- Address: 2-17-5 Takanawa, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8612
- Phone: +81-3-3448-2211
- Website: https://www.jvma.or.jp/english/
Availability of Vets in Japan
There are many veterinary clinics throughout Japan, and it is usually easy to find a veterinarian. Most clinics have English speaking staff, and some clinics specialize in serving the international community.
Here are some resources for finding an English speaking vet in Japan:
- Japan Animal Hospital Association: The Japan Animal Hospital Association (JAHA) has a list of English speaking veterinarians in Japan. You can find the list on their website https://www.jaha.jp/english/.
- Tokyo Pet Hospital: The Tokyo Pet Hospital is a veterinary clinic in Tokyo that specializes in serving the international community. The clinic has English speaking staff and provides a range of medical services for pets. You can find more information on their website https://www.tokyopet.jp/english/.
- Japan Veterinary Medical Association: The Japan Veterinary Medical Association has a list of veterinary clinics in Japan. You can find the list on their website https://www.jvma.or.jp/search/index.php.
The standard of veterinary care in Japan is high, and the government takes animal welfare and public health seriously. The Japanese Veterinary Medical Association is the national veterinary association and provides a range of services for veterinarians in Japan. Finding an English speaking vet in Japan is usually easy, and there are many resources available for pet owners.