Sharing your expat experience of moving or living abroad at Expat Focus couldn’t be easier. We publish experiences at the Expat Focus website, include them in our monthly newsletter and promote them on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn so sharing your experience at Expat Focus is also a great way of connecting with other expats.
Send us your answers to these quick questions and we’ll do the rest!
Send us your answers to the following questions (try to write at least a couple of paragraphs for each one, but the more you write the better!) and we’ll be happy to publish your experience:
- Who are you?
- Where, when and why did you move abroad?
- What challenges did you face during the move?
- Did you need to obtain a visa, residency permit or work permit? What was the process like?
- How does the cost of living compare with your previous country?
- Is it easy to open and use an account with a local bank?
- How did you find somewhere to live?
- Are there many other expats in your area?
- What is your relationship like with the locals?
- What do you like about life where you are?
- What do you dislike about your expat life?
- What is the biggest cultural difference you have experienced between your new country and life back home?
- What advice would you give to anyone following in your footsteps?
- What are your plans for the future?
Please include a landscape photograph (at least 500px wide) of yourself and any contact information you’d like to see included with your experience and send us your responses by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions you can contact us on the above email address or
Via our Facebook page
Via one of our Facebook groups
Via our contact page
No matter how you choose to get in touch we look forward to hearing from you and sharing your experience!