Planning Permission in Bahrain
In Bahrain, it is necessary to apply for planning permission to build or renovate a property. The procedure is as follows:
- Obtain a project from an architect or engineer
- Submit the project to the Survey and Land Registration Bureau for approval
- Once approved, obtain a building permit from the Ministry of Works, Municipalities Affairs and Urban Planning
Listed Buildings, Conservation Areas, and Preservation Orders
If your property is listed or located within a conservation area or preservation order, there are additional rules and regulations to follow.
- Listed buildings require approval from the Ministry of Culture for any alterations or renovations
- Conservation areas and preservation orders may have restrictions on the type of changes that can be made to the property’s exterior
Finding Reliable Builders in Bahrain
When looking for a builder in Bahrain, it’s important to find someone reliable and trustworthy. One way to do this is to look for builders who belong to a professional organization.
- The Bahrain Society of Engineers is a professional organization that represents builders and contractors in Bahrain. They can be contacted at email@example.com or +973 1772 7227.
Permits and Licences
When building or renovating a property in Bahrain, there are several permits and licenses you may need to obtain.
- Building permit: Required for any new construction or major renovation
- Electrical permit: Required for any electrical work
- Plumbing permit: Required for any plumbing work
Finding a Local Architect in Bahrain
If you need an architect to design your project, you can find one through the Bahrain Society of Engineers.
- Bahrain Society of Engineers: firstname.lastname@example.org or +973 1772 7227
Buying Land in Bahrain
If you’re buying land in Bahrain, there are a few common pitfalls to be aware of.
- Make sure you have planning permission before purchasing land
- Check the boundaries of the land to ensure they match the land registry
- Be aware of any environmental or conservation restrictions that may affect the land
- Check for any outstanding taxes or debts on the land