±A - Join Our Community

Learn from the experiences of other expats and make new friends in our disccussion forums and Facebook groups

±A - Cigna

±A - Read Our Guide

The Expat Focus Guide to Moving Abroad contains everything you need to know when planning an international relocation available now, completely free

±A - Compare Quotes and Save

Insurance, FX and international movers

±A - Listen to the Podcast

The Expat Focus podcast features interviews with expats living abroad and service providers meeting their needs subscribe today!

±A - Expert Financial

From our tax, investment and FX partners

±A - ExpatFocus Partners

Expat Focus Partners

Become a Partner. Click Here.

Taking Your Pets

Israel - Taking Your Pets

When taking animals into Israel there are a number of regulations which must be observed. Pets must be accompanied by their owners and a maximum of two of each animal can be transported at one time. An animal that is not classified as wildlife is considered to be a pet and can be taken into Israel without the need for a Veterinary Import Certificate as long as several regulations are observed.

A health certificate from the country of origin must be supplied for each animal. It must have been issued by a government approved veterinary officer and state clearly that the animals have been examined and are free from disease. This will also confirm that the owner has been in possession of the animal for a minimum of 90 days.

An international vaccination certificate is required which confirms that the animals have had appropriate rabies vaccinations within the previous year, but not within a month of the travel date to Israel.

Animals younger than 3 months of age will not be allowed to enter the country. All details of the animals will need to be given to the Ramla Quarantine station. Animals and documentation will be checked when they arrive and provided everything is in order the animals will not be quarantined.

If an animal arrives in the country unaccompanied it must have a Veterinary Import Permit. These are issued by the Director of Veterinary Services. An application must be made for this permit and it has to be issued a minimum of ten days prior to the planned date of travel. Information that will have to be provided for this permit includes the species, age, breed, sex and details on the travel plans. If the permit is granted then it will include all the conditions that are needed.

There are certain animals which are not allowed into Israel. Monkeys are not permitted and any other wildlife can only be taken in and out of the country with a permit from the Nature Reserve Authority. An ordinary citizen is not permitted to bring wildlife into the country. Those bringing larger animals such as horses into the country need a permit issued a minimum of 60 days before the travel to allow for the relevant tests to be carried out.

If an animal arrives without the correct documentation they will be returned to their country of origin and all fees are the responsibility of the owner.

Read more about this country

Expat Health Insurance Partners

Bupa Global

At Bupa we have been helping individuals and families live longer, healthier, happier lives for over 60 years. We are trusted by expats in 190 different countries and have links with healthcare organisations throughout the world. So whether you're moving abroad for a change of career or a change of scene, with our international private health insurance you will always be in safe hands.


Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, Cigna has over 71 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people, plus a network of over 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists worldwide, meaning you have easy access to treatment.